Proteomics is a branch of science that focuses on the study of proteins, including their structure, function, and interactions. With the rapid development of proteomics technologies, the proteomics market has grown significantly over the past few years. The market is expected to continue to grow in the coming years due to increasing demand for personalized medicine and the rise in research activities in the field of proteomics.
Key Players in the Proteomics Market:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Agilent Technologies
- Danaher Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Bruker Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Shimadzu Corporation
These key players in the proteomics market are adopting various business strategies to stay competitive in the market.
- Product Development: Companies are investing heavily in the development of new proteomics technologies and products. For instance, Thermo Fisher Scientific launched its new Q Exactive HF-X mass spectrometer in 2017, which offers higher resolution and sensitivity than previous models.
- Strategic Partnerships: Companies are forming strategic partnerships with other companies to enhance their proteomics product offerings. For example, Agilent Technologies formed a partnership with Shimadzu Corporation in 2016 to develop and distribute high-throughput LC/MS systems.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Companies are also engaging in mergers and acquisitions to expand their proteomics businesses. For instance, Danaher Corporation acquired Integrated DNA Technologies in 2018 to expand its genomics and proteomics capabilities.
- Geographic Expansion: Companies are expanding their proteomics businesses globally to reach new customers and markets. For example, Bio-Rad Laboratories expanded its presence in China in 2019 by opening a new office and distribution center in Shanghai.
- Competitive Pricing: Companies are offering competitive pricing to attract customers and stay competitive in the market. For instance, PerkinElmer Inc. offers its Proteomics Discovery Services at competitive prices to attract customers.
The proteomics market is expected to continue to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for personalized medicine and the rise in research activities in the field of proteomics. Key players in the market are adopting various business strategies, such as product development, strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, geographic expansion, and competitive pricing, to stay competitive in the market. Companies that can successfully execute these strategies are likely to gain a significant advantage in the proteomics market.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Market Insight Lab journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.